Friday, July 20, 2012

Adventure #6 - Burnett Family Reunion

Every other summer the Burnett family (all descendants of Russ's paternal grandparents) gathers for a reunion. We haven't been able to attend since moving to Delaware, so we made this summer's reunion our travel priority. It was held at Camp Pinedell, near Twin Falls, Idaho from July 4th to 7th. It was a big bonus that Russ's parents and ALL of his siblings were able to attend this year - it's been four years since we were all together. We had a wonderful time (in spite of the fact that we aren't really a camping family).

4th of July children's parade
(Kaylee & Ashlyn with cousins Bekah and James)

The kids spent a lot of time out on the little playground.

A little quiet time with Nana in the cabin.

Water guns!

I couldn't find Russ and Brenna one morning, but Kaylee eventually showed me they had fallen asleep on a couch in the corner of the main lodge. I was surprised they could keep on sleeping even after everyone came inside for lunch (VERY noisy).

Ashlyn was SUPER excited when Uncle Doug showed up. She was hanging on him for at least 30 minutes. His poor foot probably fell asleep.

 Gold medals from the "Idaho Olympics"

The kids made their own "campfire".

First time we were all together in four years, so of course we had to fit in a little photo shoot (it's just too bad I had to bring my pregnant belly - oh well).

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad you could all get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I missed the parade, I'm glad you posted that pic. Did you know that July 4th was Ivan Burnett's favorite holiday? They had a parade every year. Halloween was his next favorite holiday. He would make a haunted house regularly. My mom's favorite holiday was Halloween because it was Ivan's.

    It'sa beautiful pregnant belly. By the way one of those shots has my half naked son and my "pregnant" belly in it, but I'm not even pregnant :)

    Sure love ya Anne!

    ReplyDelete