Thursday, July 19, 2012

Adventure #5 - Baseball and Fireworks

We went to an Orem Owlz baseball game on Monday, July 2nd, which was followed by fireworks. And we also did some little fireworks at home the next day.

Scary looking baseball mascot.

Snacks and treats (and fireworks) are the only real draw for the girls.

Relaxing

Home fireworks are illegal in Delaware, so this was their first experience with them.

After doing a few snaps and sparklers in the afternoon, Ashlyn commented, 
"I LOVE fireworks! They're my favorite thing to explode!"

Linda and I attempted several times to light a few fireworks, but eventually turned the task over to someone much more capable and experienced. 

The crowd.

Sparklers

This is my favorite picture from the night. Some of the fireworks made a loud *pop* that thrilled the girls, but wasn't Grandma's favorite. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that baseball mascot is really scary. I'm almost disturbed by that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are cute, but I am not happy about the fireworks picture of me.

    ReplyDelete