Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Long and Short of It

We took Kaylee to the salon this week to get her before-school-begins haircut. Ashly was sitting in an unoccupied chair watching the cut taking place when she suddenly called me over and asked:

"Mom, what if I get short hair?"

WHAT?!?!

The pride of Ashlyn's life has been her long hair. We comment multiple times per week about its length, and how much it has grown overnight, etc. She has often talked about how she wants her hair to grow as long as Rapunzel's. But, motivated by her older sister's example (getting a haircut looks like a fun time, right?), she changed her mind.

And so, here she is . . . (sorry I don't have any "before" pictures - I obviously had no idea I would need them)


I realize it doesn't look "short" in the back, but they did cut about 6 inches.

And here's Kaylee's new 'do . . .




2 comments:

  1. They both look so cute! How is Ashlyn doing now with short hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Kaylee looks so beautiful and mature with that haircut! And Ashlyn's is very darling, as well!

    ReplyDelete