Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Vacation - Part 2 (Indiana)

From Oregon we flew to Indiana, where we were able to spend a few days with my whole family in a couple of cabins near Bloomington.

The kids love to get rides from my Gran on her walker. 

My younger brother built these cool launchers that shoot off soda pop bottles. 

These 3 little girls were born within 2 months of each other. They were so cute together!

We always do a big family birthday party at our reunions. This year my sister-in-law had us create a "quilt cake" together. Such a neat idea! 

Our final day together was spent at a nearby lake. 

Even though we had sand and water and canoes and kayaks and jet skis, all Brenna really wanted to do was swing at the playground. Oh well. 




I just couldn't get enough of these 3 cuties!

My sister and my niece made plans for the kids to act out "The Three Little Pigs" (performed by the 3 little girls) and "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" (performed by the 4 older kids). They were darling! I guarantee you have never seen a more adorable version of "The Three Little Pigs" than this one:


Other fun things from the reunion included lots of fun time playing with cousins we hardly ever see, the celebrity game, extreme water in the face, tasty food, highlights of each individual, birthday presents, whip cream wars, Brenna floating away with her pool noodle, and, once again, just being together with family.

We also had a fabulous Star Wars movie party, but it deserves its own post. :)

2 comments:

  1. Those three little pigs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I want a chuckle I watch the 3 little pigs video. They are so cute. And I love the recap of all of the activities. so grateful we had that time together.

    ReplyDelete