Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby had a Birthday

McKell turned ONE last Wednesday - August 21st! CRAZY!!!

The night before her birthday I pulled out a music table Brenna was given when she was about that age (McKell doesn't care if I re-gift, right?) so she'd have something new to play with when she woke up. It was a big hit (possibly with all 4 of the girls).


After dinner that night we did the rest of her presents. Her sisters may have *helped* open all of them.


We waited until Friday night to do the real birthday party. We invited over some friends to play and share cake and ice cream with us. Counting our family I think we had 8 adults and 12 kiddos.

Here's the cake I made for her. I've done a teddy bear for each of the girls when they turned 1, but all the cakes have been slightly different and unique.
I made extra cupcakes since I knew we had a crowd coming over.
Here's McKell with her "best friend" Parker. Obviously babies don't really have best friends, but Parker is just a few months older than McKell and they see each other a lot. It's always fun to watch them interact.

And here are the cake pictures . . .



I'm pretty sure she wins the prize in our family for messiest baby. :)
And here's what remained of the bear after McKell had finished with it.
I am very thankful for this little gal. I was just telling Russ the other night how much my attachment to and affection for her has been growing lately. Of course you always love your children, but I feel like now her fun little personality is really emerging and I am falling in love with her because of who she is and not just because she's my child.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the pictures. It looks like you had a delightful celebration for this precious 1-year-old. And I really enjoy seeing your creative cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake and cupcakes. And adorable little girl. I agree with your sentiment. It is wonderful to love your children even more as their personalities emerge.

    ReplyDelete