Thursday, January 18, 2018

Fun Stuff in December

Here's a recap of some December happenings:

Brenna was a really adorable shepherd for the primary's re-enactment of the Nativity story.


Ashlyn participated in a Belt Ceremony for her Kickstart class (martial arts class offered at school as an alternative to traditional PE).


I made three batches of cupcakes for Russ's co-workers. Russ works at BR&E, so I thought my GingerBR&Ead cookies were so clever. Apparently engineers aren't too observant though, because most of them (ahem, all the males, ahem) had to be told why the little signs were significant. Boo. Next year I'm not going to try so hard. I'll just buy them some nasty store cupcakes.


Since Kaylee has graduated from primary this year she got to be Santa's helper at our Ward Christmas Party, rather than one of the many children waiting in line to visit him. She makes a pretty cute elf!


Russ likes people. And he likes parties. I get stressed out about having people at our house for parties. But Russ convinced me we should host a holiday party to celebrate the beginning of Christmas break for the kids. We sort of threw it together in a couple of days, but ended up having about 30 people over for games, snacks, and hot chocolate. I think everyone had a good time. And if Russ has anything to say about it, this could become a new family tradition.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are posting again. And I love cute Brenna as a shepherd and Kaylee as Santa's helper. I am sure Ashlyn loved her class and is good at it. And you are a dedicated wife to make fancy unappreciated cupcakes and to host a party!

    ReplyDelete