Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Birthday Brenna

"Baby Brenna" turned SIX on Thursday, January 28th. Russ was finishing up a business trip in Canada that day, so we planned to do most of our celebrating the following day when he returned. 

McKell and I did bring cupcakes over to the elementary school for Brenna to share with her class that day though. Several of the kids were confused by the cupcakes. Apparently some children have only ever eaten store bought cupcakes. Sad. I was carrying the cupcakes on a cookie sheet, and they wondered why they weren't in those little plastic trays. They asked me lots of questions about how to make cupcakes, where I got the liners, and what store I found the sprinkles at. These were just average, made from a box of cake mix cupcakes, but the kindergarten was pretty impressed with my mad baking skills. 



Russ flew home Friday morning. The first text he sent me when he touched down ended with, "I should warn you I'm not feeling very well." That was putting it mildly. When he got home he crashed on his bed. I think it was like 5 days before he had enough energy to even unpack his suitcase. When Brenna found out he was sick she ran to her room crying. She had to wait an extra day for her cake and presents, and now sick Daddy was ruining her special day. Rude. 

So, we ate the birthday dinner without Russ. But we did bring all the gifts to his bedroom and wake him long enough so he could watch her open everything. Then we went back to the kitchen without him to sing the birthday song and enjoy the cake. 

Brenna requested a Sofia the First birthday cake this year.
I bought a music box to put on top, and decorated the cake part to look like Sofia's skirt.
This little lady ate some of her cake. And squished up the rest of it.
Russ traditionally takes each girl out for donuts on the morning of her birthday. We planned to have him take Brenna Saturday morning, but since he was still conked out in bed the duty fell to me this time. (I didn't mind at all!)



Happy Birthday, BRENNA!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe cupcakes aren't impressive to me, but your cake is. Looks like she had a fun birthday even with a sick Dad. Love her and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great celebration. I imagine for someone who likes everything perfect, it was difficult to have her dad sick instead of being part of the party.

    ReplyDelete