Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Walton Thanksgiving

We were lucky enough to host most of my family for Thanksgiving this year.

My sister Linda and her husband Jared were the first to arrive. They flew down from Canada the Thursday before Thanksgiving. 

McKell and I took them to the George Bush Presidential Library & Museum on Friday, then we visited our favorite frozen yogurt shop after the other girls finished school.




Saturday afternoon we enjoyed a men's basketball game at Texas A&M University, then got tacos for dinner (Jared LOVES tacos, and Linda promised him he would get to eat some here in Texas).


Sunday afternoon my brother Adam arrived with his children Lydia and Rafe. They drove down from Bloomington, Indiana.

Monday we played at the park and I watched kiddos while Linda helped Adam with his Christmas shopping. The weather was lovely for all of our visitors. I love Texas "winters". :)


My parents and grandma arrived late Monday night. We were all happy to see them! And really happy to see the treats they brought along from the BYU bookstore, too. 



Grandpa makes a great playmate. He took all 6 kids outside for a walk and some bike and scooter riding.


 Tuesday afternoon we sent the men off to pick up Russ from work and search out some good Barbecue for lunch, then Mom and Linda and I took the kids to explore a little Natural History Museum near my house.



Kaylee helped Adam cook up some tofu for the lettuce wraps he made for dinner that night. Did I mention my siblings are all more adventurous cooks than I am. First time trying tofu. Verdict: not too bad. 


McKell made herself Grandma Marshall's special friend during her visit.


Wednesday was pie making day. We split into 3 teams, planned out our pies, and shopped for ingredients. 



That night we got to try them all!

Team 1: Mom, Anne, Kaylee, McKell - Dutch Apple Pie (and Pumpkin Pie)
Team 2: Adam, Linda, Lydia, Brenna - Chocolate Cream Pie
Team 3: Grandpa, Jared, Ashlyn, Rafe - Sour Cream Pear Pie (and Lemon Pie)
Thursday I helped the kids make our traditional spice drop turkeys.






The rest of the day was spent cooking, eating, watching football, and feeling sorry for Linda, who came down with the flu and was quarantined in her room the entire day. :(


The next day everyone went home, which was sad. We were SO glad they were all able to come down though! You're all welcome any time. 

1 comment: