Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Birthday Girl #2

Miss Kaylee turned 8 on June 7th. We celebrated as a family that night and she had a "Wet 'n Wild" party with her friends the following day.

Kaylee with a few of her family gifts.

She requested lemon cookies for dessert.


Here are all the party girls.

We played a game called "water in the face" - one of my childhood favorites.

The we did a bunch of outdoor activities - water freeze tag, water balloon toss, sponge relay, slip 'n slide, baby pool, trampoline, etc.

Brenna was in heaven in the little swimming pool.

 And once I put McKell in she was surrounded by several adoring "mothers". 

Somehow I didn't get a picture of Kaylee with her birthday cake. We knew for sure she was growing up when she asked for a cake that tastes REALLY good (it's called Chocolate Yum-Yum cake and it's soooo delicious), rather than a something fun or decorated.  

It was a great party, and afterward I commented to Russ about how nice it is to have a HOUSE and a YARD and the ability to throw fun parties for our kids. :)


4 comments:

  1. We are thrilled you have a house and a yard also. Cute pictures of all of your girls. I was going to say Kaylee, MiKell and Brenna; then I looked at the pictures again and saw Ashlyn's grin in the party girl's picture. Looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda want to move next door to you guys now!! We miss you and your cute family. Your house looks awesome...and the yard and fence and trampoline. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! Cute group of girls...especially the adoring mothers picture. I know a little bit about lots of celebrations close together, but I'm really impressed at how well you celebrate both of your girls' birthdays so individuall

    ReplyDelete