Sunday, December 2, 2012

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas (Delaware) any more.

Last night we headed out to visit "Christmas at the Creek" - an outdoor holiday event hosted by the city of College Station and held at a local park area .

When you live in Texas you can enjoy an outdoor holiday event on December 1st and not have to worry about your kids getting cold. You don't even have to bring jackets. If they happen to wear long sleeves, they'll probably roll them up before long.

When you live in Texas, things are more family-friendly. The fact that you have three or four children does not make you an anomaly. You're just part of the crowd.

When you live in Texas, people are openly and happily religious. The event we attended last night, which was hosted by the CITY (as opposed to some church group), included a live nativity. I love that the city did not shy away from including something so openly Christian in their holiday celebration.

And apparently when you live in Texas, the petting zoo adjacent to the live nativity includes crazy things like donkeys and camels.



So, I should qualify all of my "when you live in Texas" statements, because our experience is limited to living here in the Bryan/College Station area. But I have a feeling much of Texas would be the same.

3 comments:

  1. All comments expressed--the petting zoo, the large families, and the Christian display are all great. Hooray for Texas. And Brenna was very impressed with the donkey since she had to repeat to us what a donkey says at least 3 times. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting observations. I admit I chuckled a bit when I noticed the body language of your eldest vis-a-vis the donkey. I suspect she was not first in line to pet the "friendly beast".

    ReplyDelete