Wednesday, August 22, 2018

June Birthday Girls

Now that the summer is over and the kids are back in school, I'm going to catch up here!

Ashlyn turned ELEVEN on June 6th. She really wishes it was 12, rather than 11, but she'll have to survive another year before that comes to pass.

Russ takes each girl out for morning donuts on her birthday. 

I can't even remember what gifts this kid got for her special day,
except for the standing fan she requested (which is destined to be her most used gift for sure). 

She's been collecting Harry Potter Funko Pop dolls, and requested a Ginny one on her cake.
She asks for the same cake flavor ever year now - chocolate cake with Cool Whip and strawberries.

And here's our second (but really first, since she's older) June birthday girl. Kaylee turned THIRTEEN and entered her teenage years on June 7th.


I don't remember what gifts she got either, except that she's getting old and boring and telling me things like, "I want a new backpack and new tennis shoes and new clothes for my birthday, but I want to pick them out myself." 

And here she is with the Chocolate Yum-Yum cake she always asks for.

Ashlyn gave Kaylee a tote bag that says "Just a Wizard Girl Living in a Muggle World, Took the Hogwarts Train Going Anywhere". The girls had no idea that was a play on words from a super famous song, so Russ (who actually used to listen to classic rock, rather than simply classical) enlightened them with a little Youtube video of the original lyrics. Everyone thought the fashion of the 80s was totally awesome.

1 comment: