Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer Swim Lessons

So, the summer weeks went by pretty fast, huh? We just returned from a long vacation and I've got tons of things I can (and will) post about. But, tonight I'm just putting up some pictures from swim lessons.

We always do 2 sessions (each session is M-F for 2 weeks and the lessons are 30-45 minutes). Brenna completed both Preschool 1 and Preschool 2 this time around. I let her take lessons because she really wants to and she's in low levels right now, but because of her physical limitations I find myself wondering how much she'll really be able to do in terms of swimming. I was surprised and pleased that she passed her classes. So I guess we'll let her try again next summer and see how far she can go.

Ashlyn passed Level 2 the first session and took Level 3 second session. She can swim quite well, but doubts her own abilities and so doesn't usually perform as well as she could. She needs to fine-tune some of her more basic skills before moving on to Level 4, which focuses on more advanced strokes.

Kaylee was a rock star and she easily passed Level 3 and Level 4. Her Level 4 instructor was surprised at how quickly she picked up on new things, like the "butterfly" and "elementary backstroke". Two summers ago when we moved to Texas and started swim lessons here Kaylee cried at the thought of even putting her head under the water. Who would have guessed she would be so confident in the water now?

McKell and I did 2 sessions of the "Water Babies" class (basically a Mommy & Me thing). The real reason I registered her for the class was so that I didn't have to chase her around the pool and keep her out of the water every morning while the other girls were swimming. She had fun though, and improved in a few things.

Anyway, here are the fun pictures:


Brenna with her instructor, Mr. Keith.



My friend made each of the girls a darling swim bag.
We have been so happy with the swim lessons offered here, and we'll certainly be returning next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment